Grad School or Peace Corps? Why Not Do Both?
Qualify for a Peace Corps TEFL assignment and earn an M.A. in TESOL with New York State Certification.
The program has three stages:
- Take a year of classes in the M.A. TESOL program.
- Serve in the Peace Corps teaching English for 27 months. Get academic credit for your teaching and complete a project at your Peace Corps site.
- Spend one more semester at Adelphi to complete your student teaching
Benefits of Peace Corps Service
- Language, cross-cultural, and technical training
- Travel costs to and from the country of service
- Overseas living and housing expenses
- Medical and dental coverage
- Vacation time
- Transition funds of over $7,000 following completion of service
The MA in TESOL at Adelphi University
- 40 credits total
- Earn 6 credits toward your degree through your Peace Corps service
- Rolling Admissions: Start Fall or Spring Semesters
- No training in linguistics or teaching experience is required for admission
To enter the Master’s International program you must apply to both the M.A. program in TESOL at Adelphi University and to the Peace Corps
For more information, contact:
Dr. Diana Schwinge
Harvey Hall, Room 222
p – 516-877-4396
e – email@example.com
Additional information about the Peace Corps Master’s International Program at Adelphi University is also available at the following links: