Who should apply
Outstanding students come from a variety of back-grounds. Strong applicants typically have academic or professional experience in one or more of these areas:
- computer science or engineering
- literacy, literature, communications theory
- cognition and human development
- graphic design
- web, video, or new media production
Application and admission requirements
Our competitive application process considers prior professional and academic experience, as well as the fit with the program. You will need to submit:
- a graduate application
- the application essay
- academic transcripts: you must (at least) have completed an undergraduate degree, in any major, before enrolling
- 2 reference letters
- a current resume or CV
- international students, TOEFL exam
- PreK-12 track only: valid NYS Teaching Certificate (in any area)
Candidates are encouraged to apply by filling out the online application. We are currently accepting applications for students wishing to begin in Fall 2012. Applications are considered on a rolling basis, we typically respond to applicants within 3-5 weeks of receiving their complete application. When you apply, please indicate if you wish to study at the Manhattan Center or Garden City campus. We encourage full-time students, but have room for some half-time students in each location.
» Apply Now
For the essay portion of your application, please submit a personal statement, as follows:
- Personal Statement. Please describe your goals in pursuing graduate study in educational technology, in a focused essay (minimum of 300 words). You may choose to reflect on some of these questions:
- What are some meaningful experiences with digital technology and media from your past?
- What specific expertise and interests do you bring to the program?
- For better or worse, how do you see digital technology affecting learning now and in the near future?
For further information, please contact:
Office of University Admissions
p – 800.ADELPHI
» Request Information