Nourishing imagination and inspiration in education.
Artistic experience encourages independent, flexible thinking, awakens the senses, and engages our entire being—head, heart and hands—in the experience of the diverse worlds around us. Our preparation for New York State visual arts certification reflects this mission by preparing art educators who:
- understand artistic development across our lives through autobiographical exploration, theoretical study, field observation, and respect for different cultural histories and practices
- explore the relationship of the sensory and kinesthetic domains to art making through experientially based course work
- clearly articulate an educational philosophy and become an advocate for the role of arts in education by studying the history and philosophy of art education
- develop a professional identity through participation in the Adelphi student chapter of the National Art Education Association (NAEA)
- maintain a lively commitment to their own artistic identity and practice through on-going studio practice and a final graduation exhibition
» View the M.A. in Art Education plan of study
For the Studio Art track in Art Education, please contact graduate art education program director Courtney Lee Weida.
For further information, please contact:
Office of University Admissions
p – 800.ADELPHI
» Request Information